You know, there’s so much talk about weight and fitness happening right now, everyone seems to have a different opinion.
This happens to be an area that I’ve spent a lot of time studying and pondering, so I want to take a few minutes and get real with you. I want to encourage us to think about weight and fitness from a larger perspective, one that has more heart, more soul… and maybe more evidence-based.
And that brings us to the fundamental approach at Eatuitive Nutrition.
So many of us struggle to feel comfortable and confident with our body and I really think it’s time to change this. So today I want to share with you some powerful insights into how people with total body confidence think and how it can help you feel great without dieting.
Please take just 5 minutes right now and take a read through this. You’ll be glad you did!
So, what can you do?
One very powerful thing you can do right now in order to enjoy food and feel great in your body is to commit to your journey and bring intuition back into eating and moving. The concept of Intuitive Eating has become more and more popular over the last few years, but in my opinion the concept of Intuitive Exercise is overlooked and arguably just as important! People who have intuition in matters of eating and exercising have characteristics that chronic dieters don’t seem to have.
Characteristics of Intuitive Eaters
- They can tell the difference between hunger and cravings.
- They are comfortable with feeling full. They can honor hunger and give themselves permission to eat until they feel full without feeling panicky or guilty.
- They tend to eat to the point of being pleasantly satisfied. While they give themselves permission to eat what they want, they tend not to eat until they’re excessively full. And that sometimes means leaving food on the plate even though there’s still delicious food left, because they know they can come back to it later if they want!
- When stressed or emotionally upset, they tend not to turn to food as often for comfort. They understand that food is a crutch in this situation and instead seek to address the underlying causes of their mental state. They would rather have a more enjoyable experience when they eat!
Characteristics of Intuitive Exercisers
- They don’t view fitness as a means to weight loss, they exercise for stress relief, achievement and the feel-good endorphins moving our bodies bring.
- They view healthy eating/exercise as a way of life rather than the means to an end. They have a positive way of thinking about food and weight that isn’t dependent upon what size they are.
- They don’t break off a healthy eating diet/fitness plan just because they have reached their target. In fact, they may not even have a “plan”. THEY HAVE LITTLE OR NO TIES TO THE DIET MENTALITY
Reflect on your thinking. Were they different? Write down your thoughts and experiences so that you can see more clearly how your mindset affected your behaviour.
Now I would like to hear from you. I can help you a lot better in a 1-on-1 coaching setting and set up a personalized nutrition & mindset program for you. You can read more about me here, and if you would like to know if we would be a good fit for you then schedule a free consultation!